July 2, 2021
20 minute pitta balancing morning yoga
This 20-minute yoga sequence includes asana (poses) and prānayama (breathwork) to help you balance pitta dosha. It’s perfect to do if you have symptoms of excess pitta like skin redness, acid reflux, or anger/frustration.
This sequence includes movements that are designed to open the heart and balance the body and mind.
You’ll find a written out version of the sequence below as well as a video version that’s available for members of my on-demand yoga library.
As you do this sequence, please modify in any way that supports your body and energy. Consult your doctor before beginning any exercise program. This practice is not designed to prevent, diagnose, or treat any diseases.
20 Minute Pitta Balancing Morning Yoga Sequence
Access the video version here!
- Downward Facing Dog – 5 breaths.
- Step/Hop to the front of the mat to a forward fold. Halfway lift inhale, forward fold exhale. Inhale to stand tall, Exhale bend right. Inhale to center. Exhale side-bend to left. Inhale to center. Exhale fold forward. Inhale halfway lift, exhale fold. Step/hop back to high plank. Lower halfway or all of the way. Baby cobra/upward facing dog. Exhale downward facing dog. (Sun Salutation A)
- Repeat 5 times.
- Step/Hop to the front of the mat to a forward fold. Halfway lift inhale, forward fold exhale. Inhale to chair pose. Stay for 3 breaths. Exhale to fold. Inhale halfway lift, exhale fold. Step/hop back to high plank. Lower halfway or all of the way. Baby cobra/upward facing dog. Exhale downward facing dog. Right leg lifts, exhale step right foot forward. Warrior 1 – 4 breaths. Hands behind the back for devotional warrior – 4 breaths. Inhale to lift up to warrior 1, exhale to lower hands to the earth. Vinyasa.
- Repeat on the left side.
- Goddess back stretch.
- Lay in Supta Baddho Konasana (with blocks behind the upper back and head if possible!) – 5 minutes.
- Sheethali or nadi shodhana
Get tutorials for the asana and breathing exercises here, as well as a video version of this yoga sequence at my on demand yoga library here.Thanks for reading, and have a wonderful day,