In honor of our conversation about Muladhara Chakra, I wanted to share a recipe that is grounding, hearty, and nourishing. This pumpkin bread fits the bill.
According to Ayurveda, this pumpkin bread would be decidedly Vata balancing. It’s sweet, a little heavy, and full of nourishing vitamins and minerals. It’s something to keep you warm during cool winter days.
And in this same way, it helps us feel anchored and safe – the perfect way to balance our Root Chakra.
Let’s get into the recipe!
Vegan Pumpkin Bread
(Recipe adapted from Making Thyme for Health)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 and ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup virgin coconut oil
- ⅔ cup pumpkin seeds
- Mix ground flax seed with water and set aside for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Add pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and coconut oil, mixing until combined.
- Add the flax mixture and stir gently.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and mix until just combined.
- Transfer the batter to a bread pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a fork in the center comes out clean.
- Cool, remove from the baking pan, and enjoy!
Thanks for reading, and have a wonderful day,