Livestream Yoga Basics
About This Class:
This class is slow and steady. We’re starting at the foundation of yoga, so there’s no experience necessary. In each class, you’ll explore movement, breathing techniques, and themes from yogic philosophy that will help you relax, strengthen your body, and connect to your deepest self. This class is all about play and experimenting to learn new things. Even if you’re not new to yoga, it’s an opportunity to move slower and more mindfully in your practice. Class is pay what you can with a suggested investment of $12. Register here.
- Set up your yoga mat and any props you like to use in your practice: I find a blanket or towel and two yoga blocks useful (you could use big books, pillows, or cans of tomatoes instead).
- Turning on your camera is completely optional. Having the camera on means that Sam can see you and offer suggestions and modifications. Set up your laptop far enough away so Sam can see you and the side view of your full mat. Make the whole horizontal mat in the camera frame if possible. Do your best and don’t worry. You and Sam can make adjustments as needed at the beginning of your session if needed.
- Class will be best viewed on your laptop, though you can use your phone.
- Sam will ask you at the beginning of class to share privately in the chat if you have any injuries or information to share that day so she can support you with modifications and suggestions.
- Other questions about class? Send an email to email@example.com.
Get On-Demand Access:
For on demand access to this class (and all of Sam’s other yoga and meditation classes), visit patreon.com/spirocollective.