Livestream Yin Yoga for Yoga Parkside
About This Class:
Yin Yoga is a meditative, gentle yoga class appropriate for all levels. It focuses on lengthening the muscles surrounding the hips, pelvis, and lower back. Postures are held for 3-5 minutes, with the goal of increasing joint elasticity.
By lengthening the connective tissue that surrounds the joints, this yoga class helps to prevent injury and improves joint health. Yin Yoga poses are also designed to improve the flow of qi, the subtle energy said in Chinese medicine to run through the meridian pathways of the body.
- Set up your yoga mat and any props you like to use in your practice: I find a blanket or towel and two yoga blocks useful (you could use big books, pillows, or cans of tomatoes instead).
- Turning on your camera is completely optional. Having the camera on means that Sam can see you and offer suggestions and modifications. Set up your laptop far enough away so Sam can see you and the side view of your full mat. Make the whole horizontal mat in the camera frame if possible. Do your best and don’t worry. You and Sam can make adjustments as needed at the beginning of your session if needed.
- Class will be best viewed on your laptop, though you can use your phone.
- Sam will ask you at the beginning of class to share privately in the chat if you have any injuries or information to share that day so she can support you with modifications and suggestions.
- Other questions about class? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.